Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Poetry: 'My Mental Ticks, on Napkins & Chits'

Change: 
What remains of your slavery to patterns
is a strain of havoc strained from madness.
A change of pace may reap some gladness
if gratitude is what is practiced.

 

"...they say...":
Who are "they" who say so much?
You're quite convinced it's true.
While I may not know what "they say,"
a few claim that they do.

Always:
A dishonest term;
to speak it is to lie.
I'm certain that it's use
is never accurately applied.

Heirdom:

There once was told a tale or two;
was told a tale by mom & dad;
a tale by mom & dad, they knew;
this tale through stories they'd been told;
stories they'd been told were true;
by moms & dads of old.

 
Ego:

Where all that is false...
within you is assailed,
anxiety and suffering prevail.

The Accomplished:
Perhaps then,
they are more enthralled
with who you are
not what you are called?

Soap Box:
Be the audience you wish near.
What need is there for an ear to bend,
with ego stayed and two adhered?

Identity:
Perhaps we are not human
       Perhaps I am not sane
     Perhaps all that we are,
  is one vain and insane brain.

What's the Difference?:
simple is best, just as complex 

Words:
Words;
Symbols I love.
They capture my soul.
So many I've learned.
So  few do I know.

Envy:
There are those of us who read and write 
because we do not do;
but damned if I do not read and write,
thinking I should be doing things too

The Fall:
Thought is a travesty of the mind
Action, a preoccupation with time
Both insist they are author to bliss
But instead of a bliss, I find an abyss,
at the height of this climb they both offer

Late:
By whose standard do we measure late?
Yours or mine?
And, if not either, whose and why?
What standard, if neither nor any exist,
that hasn't been made by those who insist?

Late again...:
I am never late.
I am always on time.
Wherever life steers me.
However divined.

Higher Learning:
Life is a lesson,
for an endless semester,
that is always in session.

Photo: Via 100 layer cake: An invitation by Bryn (Paperfinger)

No comments:

Post a Comment