Sunday, February 5, 2012

Poetry: 'Self Portrait'

Today I thought I'd think about
...some things I'd like to do;
I think that if I think things out
...eventually they'll push through.
I know you think I think a lot,
...and though I know that's true,
...I think you'll see, to think like me
...will change your point-of-view!

Now granted, I'm enchanted
...by these thoughts I'm thinking now,
...but we'll get to doing all those things
...you'd like to do, somehow.

I know that time is of the essence,
...but I'd hate to rush perfection!
If you'll be so kind
...as to stop pressing me with plans,
...and to refrain from undermining
...my designs to understand,
...I just might find your desire to do,
...those things, that are required of you,
...inviting if provided with a bit more time to think!

Now...where were we?

Art: Courtesy of Vincent Willem van Gogh



No comments:

Post a Comment