Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Poetry: 'Womban'

Two years and three months ago Life conspired in an unimaginable way, bringing me back together with my biological mother, five brothers & sisters, and ten nieces & nephews. I was adopted at just four days old. Yesterday was my Mother's birthday. Today I was inspired (by many things, to include RasLumbre Jeremy), and wrote the following. Love your Mother(s). Love each other.

To my wonderful Mother:
You are Womban. You are Queen.
You are a sacred vessel - 

A channel through which Life was made,
A consecrated trestle.
You were chosen, as were we.

You are temple within which
The Sacred, Truth, and God exist.
You are gift. You are Love. And, this...
without you, as we do, six lives would not persist.
God's favor rests upon you, all born-of-you: fortunate.
Life's fiat you did not ignore or selfishly resist.
You could have chosen differently.
You could have just declined.
Yet because of who you've been, here I write you to remind...
that had you not the heart & mind,
your offspring's lives, to include mine,
could have been yours to rescind;
potential scattered in the wind,
but instead here we stand, alive to realize...
that breath, not death, is what you've been.
A blessing in our eyes - A sun admist our skies!


I love you, Queen Lourdes. I acknowledge God's presence within you with each breath I take. My hope is that you will Love yourself as much as we Love You. Thank you for my Life (our Lives). Happy Birthday, Mother!

Your Robert G. Lumiano

No comments:

Post a Comment