Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Poetry: 'Doldrums'

(Inspired by Lily Allen's 'Smile' )

Greener is the grass that proceeds next door.
I breathe in disdain and exhale abhor.
I adore mis amores, but I tire of love.
In a heart that's now snoring,
life is so boring.
I'm tired of fawning and mal de amores.
I find myself yawning;
thought-vomit spawning.
on-and   on-and 
on-and   on-and
on-and   on-and
on-and   on-and

Can't see the forest for the trees.
Everyday these bees, they're all dressed to a tea;
whores on their knees;
people praying in steeples,
and aiming to please;
uninspired and feeble.
I do not find myself very pleased by these people.
My interaction is all an act that
assists in distracting my-dissatisfaction.
Extraction of laughter, is all I am after.
Impacting my life-state,
at this rate of movement,
my loose grip will lose it.
Am I making myself the least bit of lucid?
Here are my musings, for your amusement:
A male in a maelstrom;
assailed by the silent connivance of sirens'.
libido gyrates...
and vibrates the pylons of life with such violence.
Sensi kill irate.
Mind in a sky state.
Synaptic filings,
and senseless aspiring;
a rabid rancor; asylum,
an anchor of stylings for my imbibing.
A law for abiding: Thou Shalt Clip...
and snip all the wings off the hip chipper chicks,
who soar on the winds of their cheap parlor tricks.
Get your money, your whips, and your certificates,
your American dream, your salvation, and status!
Insanity: vanity's impregnable palace.
It’s madness—afflicted, addicted to gladness...
...for 'things' that they sell you.
Is truth so uncouth that it's barren of value?
Truth is the harbor their ships fail to sail to.
Impossible to steer them; it's painfully clear then...
Here then, Barabbas remains near and dear them;
Oh
so
close-to-the-heart;
Lo-and-behold, things fall apart.
Pastors & pontiffs, philanthropic topics.
Philosophers, pundits, priests and their coffers;
ceaseless in speech, seizing more than they offer.
I'll hibernate then, patiently anticipating;
awaiting the day when the truth does not escape them...
And so, for an eternity
You will not return to me.
Never to return to me; though always a concern to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment